It promised to be an eventful Love-feast on the 14th February as Hope4our Youth Foundation presents a youth-based programme captioned “Loverganda”. This programme hopes to dymistify and address certain misconstrued theories of love…🥰what actually, is love? Brief discussion on relationship issues.
Today, over 2.9 billion young people globally celebrate what was established in 1751 as a LOVER’s DAY. Of course, the United Nations Population Fund (UNPF, 2014) posits that; over 1.8 billion out of 7.7 billion population of the world are young people between the aged of 10 to 24. And the British council International concurred to their yardsticks with yet another proven fact that the: age bracket 10-24 is the Global Centre of Action. This age bracket is the most relegated, Marginalised, Unrecognised, Disremembered, Discouraged and the most misunderstood in the world…especially in Africa.
February 14th, otherwise known as Valentine’s day has been popularly celebrated around the globe as the LOVER’s DAY. St. Valentine was born in Rome and he later became a priest who served in 3rd century during the era of Emperor Claudius II. During the reign of this emperor; he conducted a research which proposed that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine’s actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.
St. Valentine was imprisoned for:
- performing secret wedding for young people and soldiers
- Ministering to Christians who were persecuted during the Roman empire.
In the year 269AD, St. Valentine was convicted to absolute Molestation and Decapitation. Before his execution, Valentine actually sent the first “valentine” letter himself after he fell in love with a young girl; the daughter of his jailer, Austerius; who visited him during his confinement, and the letter was captioned “Lover’s day” and signed as “From your Valentine”.
This story is that: St. Valentine killed for helping Christians escape harsh Roman prisons, where they were often beaten and tortured…an expression that is still in use today. Of course, the truth behind St. Valentine’s legendary was murky, it emphasizes his appeal for love as: Sympathetic, Heroic and most importantly Romantic. By the Middle Ages, Valentine became one of the most popular saints in England and France.
WHAT ACTUALLY IS LOVE?
A feeling of intense attraction towards someone.
An affectionate or benevolent concern about someone or a people.
Strong feeling of deep affection towards somebody.
An unconditional acceptance of one’s imperfection.
TYPES OF LOVE
- Eros: is a romantic love; It’s a passionate love displayed through physical affection. These romantic behaviours include, but are not limited to, sex, kissing, hugging and holding hands. This love is a desire for another person’s physical body.
- Storge: is a naturally occurring love rooted in parents and children, as well as best friends. It’s an infinite love built upon acceptance and deep emotional connection. This love comes easily and immediately in parent and child relationships.
- Pragma: is a unique bonded love that matures over many years. It’s an everlasting love between a couple that chooses to put equal effort into their relationship. Commitment and dedication are required to reach “Pragma.” Instead of “falling in love,” you are “standing in love”.
- Philos: is love without romantic attraction and occurs between friends or family members. It occurs when both people share the same values and respect each other — it’s commonly referred to as “brotherly love.”
- Agape: (selfless love) is the highest level of love to offer. It’s given without any expectations of receiving anything in return. Offering Agape is a decision to spread love in any circumstances — including destructive situations. john 3:16
WHAT LOVE IS:
Loves sees the future with you. (interested in your uprising)
Love is selfless and sacrificial. Love is forgiving and merciful.
Love is interested in knowing you better. (temperament)
Love is kind hearted and ready to suffer with you.
WHAT LOVE IS NOT
Love is not lust. Love is not mere admiration.
Love doesn’t lose interest when it discovers a person’s flaw.
Love is not praise singing. love is not pleasing people always.
love must anchor on a pure heart.
Why Do We Shout In Anger at each other?
‘When two people are angry at each other, their hearts distance a lot. To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other. The angrier they are, the stronger they will have to shout to hear each other to cover that great distance.
What happens when two people fall in love? They don’t shout at each other but talk softly, because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is either nonexistent or very small…’
The saint continued, ‘When they love each other even more, what happens? They do not speak, only whisper and they get even closer to each other in their love. Finally they need not even whisper, they only look at each other and that’s all. That is how close two people are when they love each other.’
He looked at his disciples and said: ‘So when you argue do not let your hearts get distant, do not say words that distance each other more, or else there will come a day when the distance is so great that you will not find the path to return.’
What has God to say about love?
1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God, for God is love.
- Why is it that the people you love(Your spec) do not in most cases care about?
- Is it outlandish for a girl to confess love to a guy
- What do you say about sex before marriage.
- Is there actually anything wrong keeping one’s virginity till marriage?
- How do I identify true love
- What is the difference between love and lust?
- Do you think celebrating valentine’s day is evil?
- What does the word “love” mean to you?
- Can you differentiate between marriage & wedding?
- At what age is it ideal for a woman to marry?
- Have you ever fallen in love? How did it go?
- Why do men lie a lot when they toasting a girl?
- What 4 things can make a relationship healthy?
- What was your first good impression of your partner?
- Who is your secret crush?
and many more…